Genalog Limited is committed to
protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets
out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you
provide to us will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to
understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will
For the purpose of the General Data Protection
Regulation (“GDPR”, from the
GDPR implementation date) or, until GDPR implementation date, the Data
Protection Act 1998, (collectively the “Data Protection Laws”)
the Data Controller is Genalog Limited.
What information do we collect:
We collect and process the following
types of information from you during the course of your use of our website and/or
providing our services or products.
about you when you enquire, register or place an order with us for our products
or services. We also collect website usage information using cookies (see
section below on Cookies).
about you to process your order and manage your account.
provided to us by third party partners in order to fulfil current and
prospective legitimate business needs
communication with us, a record of that correspondence may be kept.
- We do not store
credit card details or payment information.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We rely on legitimate interest as
the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data for the
purposes of direct marketing.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the
- To provide you with our services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered
into between you and us.
- To ensure that content on our Website is presented in the most
effective manner for you
- To provide you with information and offers that you request from us
or which we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to products or services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information you provide to us will not be passed to
any third party with the only exception of our manufacturing or service
partners where or when it is required to assist in servicing your orders or you
as a customer.
Access to stored data and information you provide
is password protected and access to passwords is limited. Firewall technology
is used to prevent unauthorised access and servers are backed up daily, with
archives stored in a secure location, in addition our website uses SSL (“Secure
Socket Layer” technology), the de facto standard for internet security
rights in relation to your Personal Data. You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing, You can ask us to provide the data in a commonly used, machine readable format, and where we are able to; transmit this data to another organisation.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in the
information we hold on you.
- Require us to stop processing your data, or
withdraw consent where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for any
processing of your data.
- Require us to delete your personal data.
- To lodge a complaint with the data protection authorities if you believe we have not complied with any applicable data protection law. In the UK, the relevant authority is the Information Commissioners Office, you can find their details at .
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer
or other mobile or handheld device when you visit certain web pages.
Cookies are essential to the effective operation of our website and to enable you to shop with us online. Cookies are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to our customers. The information collected by cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.