Genalog Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”, from the GDPR implementation date) or, until GDPR implementation date, the Data Protection Act 1998, (collectively the “Data Protection Laws”) the Data Controller is Genalog Limited.
What information do we collect:
We collect and process the following types of information from you during the course of your use of our website and/or providing our services or products.
- Information about you when you enquire, register or place an order with us for our products or services. We also collect website usage information using cookies (see section below on Cookies).
- Information about you to process your order and manage your account.
- Information provided to us by third party partners in order to fulfil current and prospective legitimate business needs
- During communication with us, a record of that correspondence may be kept.
- We do not store credit card details or payment information.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To ensure that content on our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you
- To provide you with information and offers that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to products or services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information you provide to us will not be passed to any third party with the only exception of our manufacturing or service partners where or when it is required to assist in servicing your orders or you as a customer.
Access to stored data and information you provide is password protected and access to passwords is limited. Firewall technology is used to prevent unauthorised access and servers are backed up daily, with archives stored in a secure location, in addition our website uses SSL (“Secure Socket Layer” technology), the de facto standard for internet security
Your rights in relation to your Personal Data. You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing, You can ask us to provide the data in a commonly used, machine readable format, and where we are able to; transmit this data to another organisation.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold on you.
- Require us to stop processing your data, or withdraw consent where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for any processing of your data.
- Require us to delete your personal data.
- To lodge a complaint with the data protection authorities if you believe we have not complied with any applicable data protection law. In the UK, the relevant authority is the Information Commissioners Office, you can find their details at .
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer or other mobile or handheld device when you visit certain web pages.
Cookies are essential to the effective operation of our website and to enable you to shop with us online. Cookies are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to our customers. The information collected by cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.